RSS

Monday, November 30, 2009

Disillusionment

For a moment I was enthralled
Hypnotized and overwhelmed
A figment of my imagination
Had materialized in flesh and blood
I saw the ideal
I wanted the ideal
I went after it

For a while I was enchanted
Drinking in and absorbing
Intelligence such I had never seen
Suaveness such as I had never experienced
I was captured
I was swept off my feet
Surely I had struck gold

But alas the moment passed
As slowly I peeled the layers
Sharp juice stung my eyes
I had not found my prince of the golden lance
Disappointment flooded in

For a moment I was disheartened
Heartbroken and dejected
How could a stone shine so
Like a freshly cut diamond
And yet inside be so hollow and worthless
You were not worth the tears
So they dried before the touched my cheek.

© Enchante
Age: 21

0 comments:

Post a Comment